The African Humanities Fellowship (AHP) In partnership with the Carnegie Corporation of New York offers African scholars an integrated set of opportunities to develop individual capacities, and to promote formation of scholarly networks. The African Humanities Program supports the Carnegie Corporation’s efforts to develop and retain African academics at universities in Africa. The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS), with financial support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York, announces competitions for:
- Dissertation-completion fellowships in Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, and Uganda
- Postdoctoral Research and Writing in Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and South Africa.
The list of humanities disciplines includes anthropology, archaeology, studies of the fine and performing arts, history, linguistics, literature studies, studies of religion, and philosophy.
The African Humanities Program Goals include:
- To build the field of humanities by establishing networks for scholarly communication across Africa and with Africans worldwide.
- To encourage and enable the production of new knowledge and new directions for research
- To strengthen the capacity of early career researchers and faculty at African universities.
Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda.
To be eligible for this program, applicants must :
- Be nationals and residents of a country in sub-Saharan Africa, with a current affiliation at an institution in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Have projects in humanities and must be carried out in sub-Saharan Africa. AHP fellowships may not be used for travel outside the continent.
- Be working in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda and must have completed the PhD no more than eight years ago(Applicants for Early Career Postdoctoral Fellowships)
- Should be in the final year of writing the dissertation at a university in Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, or Uganda(Applicants for Dissertation)
How To Apply:
Interested and eligible applicants should download and completely fill in the application form. Completed forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline for this fellowship is on 2nd November, 2016.
Please visit the official website for more information.