The ASC Leiden is offering a joint fellowship programme with the IIAS (International Institute for Asian Studies) to individuals who are in a research framework of African Studies.
This research fellowship includes:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A daily stipend to cover living expenses.
- Accommodation in Leiden: a fellow is provided with his/her own bed/sitting room (suitable for one person only). Kitchen and bathroom are to be shared with a maximum of two other fellows (male/female). If the offered accommodation is unaccaptable for the fellow he/she is requested to look for alternative accommodation him/herself. Alternative accommodation will not be paid for by the fellowship.
- A medical/liability insurance (please note that this insurance does not cover the cost of treatment of a pre-existing medical condition).
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship, applicants must:
- hold a PhD with a focus on Africa.
- be fluent in English and/or French.
- have an active academic career.
- have recently published books and/or articles that meet international standards (at least three published articles in the past five years).
- be able to return to their country of origin after their fellowship.
How To Apply: Interested applicants must apply by completing the application_form and returning it, with the requested attachments, to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1st July 2017.
Visit The Fellowship Webpage For More Information