The Government of Liberia is providing scholarship opportunities to Liberian students. These scholarship opportunities will be awarded to aspiring undergraduates and students already studying undergraduate courses in any Liberian Institution.
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2017
Eligible Countries: Liberia
To be taken at (country): Liberia
Eligible Fields of Study: The program will prioritize the following disciplines for 2017/2018:
- the sciences, including biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics;
- medicine, nursing, and midwifery;
- engineering, including construction, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering;
- geology and mining;
- information technology; and
Selection Criteria: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit, and applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above. For students graduating from high school, who do not receive a GPA, a total average mark of 80% is required.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Liberians
- be High school graduates or full time undergraduate students in a Liberian University.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: Scholarship shall cover the cost of the program
Duration of Program: Duration of program provided candidate maintains a GPA of 3.0
How to Apply: Application forms can be picked up, and applications submitted, at County Education Offices. Applications close at 4 p.m. on June 2, 2017.
Inquiries can also be directed to the Division of Scholarships at the Ministry of Education on cell numbers 0886-547-655 and 0886-522-990.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: Ministry of Education, Liberia
- Please note that applications can only be lodged at County Education Offices.
- Please note also that these are local scholarships, and therefore international students are not eligible to apply.