The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a program for young and mid-career professionals sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. The program enables chosen applicants to be placed at eighteen selected U.S. universities, which serve as their academic and professional base.
This fellowship covers the following:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Eligible Fields of Study: Eligible fields of study are HIV/AIDS policy and prevention, public health policy, natural resource management, environmental policy, climate change, law and human rights, agricultural and rural development, journalism, education, human resource management, substance abuse prevention and treatment, economic development, finance and banking, public administration, Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), technology policy and management, trafficking of persons policy and prevention, and urban and regional planning.
Eligible Countries: Citizens of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere are eligible to apply for the fellowship program. However, applications are open for Ghana(Undergraduates) by this time of the year.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship, applicants must:
- Be Ghanaian citizens and resident of Ghana during the time of application.
- Be undergraduates (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- have professional experience post undergraduate study.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
How To Apply: Interested candidates may submit a Letter of Interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include details about their current position, proposed area of study, vision for their career and career objectives.
Application Deadline: The application period is January – March every year.
Visit The Official Website For More Information