The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), in conjunction with Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) is offering scholarships to individuals who wants to pursue an Undergraduate or Masters degree program in Uganda.
This scholarship program will cover the cost of tuition and the residential workshops as charged by the university. The student is expected on his/her own or through other sources to meet the cost of transport, books, research and other expenses on the study.
Eligible Field Of Study:
- Local Governance and Human Rights (Bachelor and Masters Degree),
- Democracy and Development Studies (Bachelor Degree),
- Development Studies (Masters Degree),
- Research and Public Policy (Masters Degree)
Eligible Countries: Uganda and South Sudan
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of either Uganda or South Sudan
- not be more than 30 years for bachelors programmes, and 35 years for masters programmes.
- have proof of academic excellence in previous levels of education.
- be able to demonstrate financial need.
How To Apply: Complete applications must include the following requirements:
- A personal statement (letter of motivation) providing the following information:
- An explanation of the reason for applying for financial support from KAS
- statement of the applicant’s academic goals and interests
- A description of the relevant work experience (or social political engagements) related to the chosen programme of study
- An outline of the applicant’s career objectives and how the study programme will help in the achievement of these goals
- A complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
- Copies of relevant transcripts from schools or universities;
- Proof of admission to UMU or evidence of having applied for any of the programmes under the scholarship scheme;
- Two letters from referees (professional or academic), signed and sealed.
Complete Applications should be addressed to: The Country Representative Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung and be delivered as follows:
- Either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com
- Or by post to Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung P.O. Box 647, Kampala
- Or hand delivered to Plot 51A, Prince Charles Drive, Kololo
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 14th May, 2017.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information