The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and The OPEC Fund for International Development(OFID) is pleased to offer scholarships to citizens of a developing country who wants to undergo a masters degree program at any recognized University in the world.
This program is a full tuition scholarship program which covers maintenance fee of $50,000.
Eligible Field Of Study: field of Development or Energy Studies such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Eligible Countries: Developing countries(Check official page to see list of countries)
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of a developing country.
- have applied for a masters program at any recognized University in the world.
- be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- have excellent results from previous education programs.
Application Process: The mode of application is online. Click here to apply.
The following are required during application:
- A completed on-line application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed one year).
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant’s present university.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this scholarship program is on 1st May, 2017.
Visit The Official Website For More Information