The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India and TWAS is offering fellowship program for individuals who want to pursue research toward a PhD in emerging areas of science and technology for which facilities are available in the laboratories and institutes of the CSIR.
CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Eligible Field of Study:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of a developing country
- be a maximum age of 35 years by 31st of December 2017.
- not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India
- hold a Master’s degree in science and technology
- be regularly employed in their home country and hold a research assignment there.
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution.
How To Apply: Click here to apply
Applications for the TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted to TWAS via the online portal and copy of the submitted application must be sent to CSIR by email.
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
Mr. Jaipal Singh, Senior Technical Officer
International S&T Affairs Directorate (ISTAD)
Anusandhan Bhavan – 2 Rafi Marg
New Delhi 110 001, India
Tel: +91 11 2331 6751
Fax: +91 11 2373 9041, 2371 0618
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 26th June, 2017
Visit The Fellowship Website For More Information