The Zawadi Africa Education Fund is a program which provides Undergraduate scholarships to academically outstanding girls from disadvantaged backgrounds from Africa to pursue higher education in the US, Uganda, Ghana, South Africa and Kenya.
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Uganda, Ghana and Mozambique.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- Be citizens of the above mentioned countries.
- Be Females.
- From financially disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Have completed her secondary school examination i.e. The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE).
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities e.g. in school as a prefect, in the community, church, leadership in peer related activities etc.)
How To Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please download the Zawadi 2017 Application form
If you are applying from Ghana, click here to apply.
The following are required during application:
- Attach a one page biography and a passport photo. The biography should be TYPED and highlight your family and educational background, your aspirations, financial status, as well as hobbies and activities that you have undertaken while in school and in your community.
- Attach a 500-650 word essay on ONLY ONE of three topics listed on page seven.
- Attach a copy of your high school leaving certificate and K.C.S.E result slip as well as copies of high school certificates that show your involvement in extracurricular activities and leadership related initiatives.
- Attach a signed recommendation letter from your class teacher or head teacher.
- Attach a copy of your birth certificate and your National Identity Card (if you have one).
- Attach a letter from your local chief confirming his knowledge of your family and yourself. The letter should preferably be written on a government letter headed document.
- Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Submit a Hard Copy of the application form and the required supporting documents on or before the deadline (31st March, 2017) to the designated offices written in the application forms.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this scholarship program is on 31st March 2017.
Visit The Official Website For More Information