The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in partnership with the National Research Foundation (NRF) is offering scholarship program to applicants who has interest in studying in any South African Institution.
The programme is co-funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the NRF. The scholarship is aimed at future academic staff development without neglecting other sector demands for academically trained personnel.
Application Deadline: 28th July 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Candidates: South Africans and permanent residents.
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Fields of Study: The natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences and humanities.
Type: Masters & Doctoral degrees.
Number of Awardees: Up to 120
Value of Scholarship: Scholarship values are as follows:
- Master’s degree : ZAR 80 000.00 p.a.
- PhD degree : ZAR 110 000.00 p.a.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be South Africans and permanent residents.
- not be more than 36 years
- have obtained a minimum accumulative grade average of 65% in the previous degree
- come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country.
- have excellent results from previous educational programs.
How To Apply: It is important to go through the Application process in the Scholarship Webpage before applying.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), National Research Foundation (NRF), German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)