The Harry Ransome Centre is awarding 10 dissertation fellowships and up to 50 postdoctoral fellowships for projects that require substantial on-site use of its collections.
The fellowships support research in all areas of the humanities, including literature, photography, film, art, the performing arts, music, and cultural history.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2017
Eligible Countries: International and Domestic
To Be Taken At (Country): University of Texas (Austin), USA
Type: Fellowship, Research
Number of Awards: 60. 10 dissertation fellowships and up to 50 postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded
Value and Duration of Award:
- One to Three-month Fellowships: One- to three-month fellowships are available for postdoctoral or independent scholars whose projects require extensive use of the Ransom Center’s collections.
- $3,500 Per month (Domestic)
- $4,000 Per month (International)
- Travel Stipends: Travel stipends are available for postdoctoral or independent scholars whose projects require less than one month’s use of the Center’s collections. Travel stipends may not be combined with other Ransom Center fellowships.
- $2,000 (Domestic)
- $2,500 (International):
- Dissertation Fellowships: Dissertation fellowships are available for graduate students whose doctoral dissertations require use of the Center’s collections.
- $2,000 (Domestic)
- $2,500 (International)
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be doctoral candidates engaged in dissertation research by the time of application.
- be International or Domestic students.
- have Ph.D. or with a substantial record of professional achievement, demonstrated on their curriculum vitae. If the Ph.D. is in-progress at the time of application, the proposal and letters of recommendation must clearly indicate completion by June 1, 2018. Successful applicants must complete the Ph.D. by this date in order to accept the fellowship.
How To Apply; A complete application consists of a three-page proposal and one or two letters of recommendation as outlined in the Program Webpage (See link below).
These materials must be uploaded to the Ransom Center’s online application system as PDF files by the application deadline.
To begin your application for a 2018–2019 fellowship, create a fellowship account.
Upon successful creation of your account, you will receive a fellowship account number, which you must use to submit your proposal, and which your referee(s) must use to submit the required letter(s) of recommendation.
Visit The Fellowship Webpage For More Information
Award Providers: Harry Ransom Center