The University of Oxford has announced the commencement of Rhodes Trust Scholarship. This opportunity is for African students individuals who wants to pursue a Postgraduate programme at the University Of Oxford, UK.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a postgraduate award supporting exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
- Kenya: 31st August, 2017
- Southern Africa (including Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland): 15th August, 2017
- West Africa: 30th September 2017
- Zambia: 31st October, 2017
- Zimbabwe: 31st August, 2017
Offered Annually: Yes
Eligible African Countries: Kenya, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), West African countries, Zambia and Zimbabwe. See Countries specific criteria
Other Countries: Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, SJLP (including Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine), United Arab Emirates, United States.
To be Taken at: University of Oxford.
Selection Criteria: Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young persons of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide.
The four criteria governing the selection of Rhodes Scholars are:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of the above mentioned countries
- be between the ages of 18 – 24 years old
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford
Number of scholarships: Up to 95
Duration: Two years
How to Apply: The following are required during application:
- vidence of academic record / transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language)
- List of referees (usually several are required) who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related)
For detailed application requirements for each constituency, please visit the country pages via the country links.
Visit The Official Website For More Information