The Swiss government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) is awarding scholarships to International students who has interest in pursuing a degree program at any Swiss Institution.
Application Deadline: (Varies by countries, generally 30th November). Submission to Swiss Representation is from Sept to Dec. However, be sure to check the application deadline of your own country.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at: Any of the ten (10) Swiss Public Universities, the two (2) Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, the public teaching and research institutes and the Universities of applied sciences
Eligible Field of Study: All academic fields
Type: Masters (for the arts scholarship), PhD, Postdoctoral and Research Scholarships
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers a monthly payment , exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, air fare, special lodging allowance, etc. See the fact sheets for exact scholarship benefits.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- hold a university degree (Bachelors/Masters) on commencement of the scholarship.
- be able to demonstrate their academic abilities and what they aim to achieve.
- contact the institution and/or the professor supervising their period of research. Universities may request supplementary information and/or set certain additional conditions to determine whether or not you qualify for admission.
- be under the age of 35 (born on or after 1 January 1976).
- be suitably proficient in the language of instruction (French, German, Italian or English) in order to draw full benefit from their studies in Switzerland.
How to Apply: Visit the scholarship webpage and select your country for country-specific application instruction.
Sponsors: Swiss Government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).