The King’s College London, UK invites applications from high calibre students who are interested in pursuing a degree program at the Institution.
King’s College London is committed to opening doors to excellence for gifted and talented students from all over the world and these scholarships will benefit a student who for financial reasons would otherwise be unable to attend.
Application Deadline: Friday 15th September 2017.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): King’s College London, UK
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: The scholarship will fund the course tuition fees, travel, accommodation and living expenses.
Duration of Program: 1 year
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- have a first degree in medicine, nursing, allied health professions, life sciences, social sciences or other related subject awarded by a United Kingdom university or a recognized overseas university.
- be Africans
- be currently working in palliative care or palliative medicine in Africa – in clinical or social care, in practice or research.
- be able to achieve the English Language test standards required by King’s College London. This is currently assessed using IELTS scores, and a satisfactory score is 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in all four skills.
- have good academic records
How To Apply: Interested applicants must also apply online here: https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/. Please select the MSc course ‘Palliative Care’ and not ‘Palliative Care- Nursing’, as this is a different course. You must select ‘full time’, as all non-EU overseas MSc students have to study the course full time and stay in the UK for the duration of the course due to visa regulations.
The following are required during application:
- Your CV (maximum 6 pages)
- A letter of support from your current employer.
- Personal statement (maximum 800 words) in support of your application, explaining your reasons for applying, what you hope to gain from the programme of study, your personal plans to improve the status of palliative care in Africa if you are successful in securing a scholarship, and your ability to complete the programme of study.
- 2 references
Please send these documents by email to the following staff:
For MSc applications:
Executive Assistant to Professor Richard Harding
Tel +44 207 848 5535
Fax +44 207 848 5517
Email [email protected]
Visit The Scholarship Website For More Information
Award Providers: King’s College London, UK