The Ajesola Solarin Majekodunmi Foundation (ASMAF) Award Provides financial assistance for a professional course of study at a public Nigerian University covering tuition, board and upkeep for a period of up to 6 years, depending on the course and year of award, and subject to maintaining satisfactory academic progress, life skills and leadership development program including mentoring, with distinctive personal, academic and professional growth opportunities and access to resources that provide useful information and tools that encourage academic excellence and lifelong learning.
The ASMAF Scholarship award attracts a sum to be determined annually by ASMAF but will typically cover tuition, board and upkeep. Finalists who are selected as ASMAF Scholars will be notified of the amount of their awards.
The Scholarship will normally be awarded for the period of a full academic year from the time of the award till conclusion of the student’s course unless otherwise stated. Payments will be made in installment from semester to semester except otherwise required by the university which will be subject to confirmation of continuing eligibility.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2023
Value of Award:
- Financial assistance for a professional course of study at a public Nigerian University covering tuition, board and upkeep for a period of up to 6 years.
- Life skills and leadership development programmes.
- Access to resources that provide useful information and tools that encourage academic excellence and lifelong learning.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
How To Apply:
- The Application process consist of submission duly completed Online Form
- Only those students for whom the completed application package that has been submitted is received by the deadline date will be considered for a scholarship. Deadline dates will be publicly published at least one month to the date.
- Recommenders should carefully review ASMAF’s eligibility requirements and recommend only those students who are eligible. Relatives may not serve as Recommenders.
- Recommenders writing Recommender letter must be sufficiently familiar with the student’s academic performance to respond to questions concerning academic achievement. Eligible recommenders include principals, teachers, guidance counselors, higher education representatives, and other professional educators.
- Referee writing Referee’s lettermay be any adult of reputable character but must be sufficiently familiar with the student’s financial status to respond to questions concerning financial need. All such recommenders must act within their personal capacity.
- In the Form, applicants must provide evidence of admission into the university and evidence of appropriate academic record.
- Applicants must also provide an affidavit of indigence and financial incapacity deposed to any High Court of Justice in Nigeria.
Scholarship Docs: The following documents are required for the application of the ASMAF Scholarship;
- Letter of university admission from the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB)
- Evidence of credit passes in all the subjects required from any of the following viz.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) examination;
- National Examination Council (NECO);
- West African School Certificate (WASC) examination;
- any other approved university qualifying examination.
- Evidence of success in any required post JAMB examination or interview or other criteria set up by the admitting university
Eligibility: To be considered for the ASMAF scholarship, Applicants must:
- Be female INDIGENT and Nigerian citizen embarking on tertiary level qualifications for the first time.
- Have gained admission to or be enrolled in a full-time accredited undergraduate programme in Medicine, Law,Actuary, Engineering, Accountancy, Architecture or any professional course in any public university in Nigeria.
- Meet the financial need and academic requirements specified in these guidelines.
- Demonstrate commitment to academic and professional excellence and possess strong leadership potentials.