Illinois Wesleyan is able to award merit scholarships and need-based financial aid for international students in each first-year entering class. Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents are considered international students.
The merit-based scholarships are offered to qualified international applicants with outstanding academic achievement and test scores on the required entrance exams while the presidential scholarships are to highly qualified international students based on their talents, interests and academic achievements.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2024
Value & Duration of Award:
- The Merit awards range from $16,000 to $30,000 per year and are renewable for up to four years for students who complete the admissions application
- Two full-tuition scholarships are awarded each year as Presidential scholarships to highly qualified international students based on their talents, interests and academic achievements.
Eligible Countries: International Students
- Be an international student
- Meet the English Language requirement of the university
- Complete the admissions application before the deadline
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below
- Application Form
- Transcripts for all previous high school and/or college coursework
- Application essay
- Teacher Evaluation or Recommendation (for those utilizing CommonApp, the evaluation portion of the School Report will fulfill this requirement, but additional letters are welcome.)
- ACT /SAT scores OR Personal Interview (for test optional)
- International students whose first or native language is not English are still required to submit either the TOEFL or IELTS.