This merit scholarship is for students with a high academic qualification (students with GPA 85%+ and 6.5+ IELTS (or equivalent in TOEFL, Duolingo, senior high school grade in English) looking to be rewarded for their performance in the senior year of high school, college or university.
New students starting their Diploma and/or Advanced Diploma studies are eligible for consideration for an international entrance scholarship at Humber. This scholarship offers a CAD 2,000 reduction in tuition fees during the first two semesters of study (CAD 1,000 per semester).
Further details of this scholarship are:
- Humber may consider high school students who have demonstrated academic excellence for the international entrance scholarship, but due to the limited number of scholarships available, only those with the highest GPA (Grade Point Average) will be awarded. Humber’s admissions team will calculate the GPA based on the high school transcripts received during the admissions assessment process. No separate application is required for the International Entrance Scholarship, as the awards are automatically granted to eligible candidates after they commence their studies.
- A total of 20 scholarships will be awarded to new students starting in September, 15 scholarships will be awarded to new students starting in January, and 5 scholarships will be awarded to new students starting in May. Per every starting semester, each recipient must come from a different country. In other words, no more than one student from any single country may receive the award within the same starting semester.
- The award will be applied towards the student’s MyHumber account as a credit after the 10th day of classes in two instalments of CAD 1,000. Both payments will be applied to the second semester. The scholarship recipient is still required to pay the full amount for the first semester.
- Only successful recipients will be notified after the Day 10 of their 1st-semester studies.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2023
Type: Bachelors, Masters
- Bachelor’s Degree scholarships are available to students coming directly from high school/secondary school studies, who are non-transfer students (i.e. haven’t attended college or university, or studied in Humber’s EAP program), and are unlimited in quantity.
- Humber awards degree scholarships automatically to graduating high school students based on academic achievement.
This entrance scholarship is available for Graduate Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma students joining Humber in January 2022.
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awards: A total of 10 undergraduate and 10 graduate eligible new international students will be awarded a CAD 2,000 scholarship.*
Value of Award: $2,000
Duration of Award: 1 year
How to Apply: Scholarships will be awarded on the first come, first served basis for students that received their Letter of Acceptance and confirmed their offer before September 30th 2023.
To submit your scholarship please submit the following to [email protected]
- Humber Student ID number
- Confirmed Letter of Acceptance from Humber College for fulltime program commencing in January 2024
- Personal statement of interest – must include your Grade Point Average.
- 2 reference letters
Important Notes: Please note:
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time academic program at Humber for the first time in order to be eligible for scholarships. In addition, students must have received an official offer of admission/letter of acceptance.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
- Scholarships are not refundable and cannot be deferred.
- Only successful applicants will be notified. All scholarship decisions are final.