Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students offers fully-funded scholarships to students worldwide, including those pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees in China at East China Normal University in 2024.
Shanghai Government Scholarships for Foreign Students are divided into two categories: A and B.
Type A scholarship (full scholarship): covers tuition, accommodation, living expenses and comprehensive medical insurance during the corresponding academic period, and is applicable to undergraduate, master’s, doctoral and undergraduate preparatory studies.
Type B scholarship (partial scholarship): covers tuition fees and comprehensive medical insurance during the corresponding academic period, and is applicable to undergraduate, master’s and doctoral studies.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Application Deadline: May 10, 2024
Eligible Countries: International Students
Eligibility: To be considered for the Shanghai Government Scholarship:
- Applicants must be of foreign nationality and in good health.
- Applicant’s academic qualifications and age requirements:
- Applicants for undergraduate studies must have graduated from high school and be no more than 25 years old; Applicants for master’s degree must have obtained a bachelor’s degree and be no more than 35 years old; Applicants for doctoral studies must have obtained a master’s degree and have certain academic qualifications level, age no more than 40 years old.
- Students applying for undergraduate preparatory courses should have a high school degree or above, obtain a pre-admission notice from the undergraduate admission institution, and be no more than 23 years old.
- Excellent academic performance.
- Meet the corresponding language proficiency requirements:
- Applicants’ general Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) should reach at least the new level 4 (new HSK certificate must be provided). At the same time, you should meet the language requirements for the teaching language specified by the institution and major you are applying for.
- Meet the conditions specified by the institution and major you are applying for.
- Not receiving other types of scholarships from the Chinese government at the same time.
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below
Log in to the “Study in Shanghai” website to check and directly apply for the school and major you plan to study. The application time is generally from February to April each year, but the application time and process of each institution may be adjusted each year. Please refer to the information published by each institution on its admissions website.
Required Documents: To apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- SGS application form
- East China Normal University application form
- Educational Certificates
- Copy of Passport
- Study Plan
- Research proposal (If Applicable)
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Recommendation letters
- Physical Examination Form
- Acceptance Letter (if applicable)
- Proof of Language
- Non-Criminal Certificate