Yenching Academy Scholarship in China invites graduates from all around the globe to continue their master’s degree program on a fully-funded scholarship program. The students who demonstrate excellent academic, as well as and extracurricular records, are highly welcomed in this Chinese scholarship for masters.
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 120 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
Application Deadline: December 3, 2023
Number of Awards: 120
Value & Duration of Award: Full Scholarship, Accommodation, Monthly Stipend, Travel allowance
- The duration of the Yenching Academy China Scholarship is 2 years.
- The fellowship covers the full tuition fee.
- The fellows will be given accommodation at the Yenching Academy. They will be given a two-bed suite and which will have a common bathroom shared by two persons of the same gender.
- The fellow will receive medical insurance.
- A monthly stipend will be given.
- One round-trip travel allowance will be given.
- Note: The benefits are for the first year. In order to continue the benefits, the fellows have to maintain their good academic standing.
Eligible Field of Study: These areas of research include;
- Economics and Management
- History and Archaeology
- Philosophy and Religion
- Politics and International Relations
- Law and Society
- Literature and Culture.
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Eligibility: To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, or be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program and be on track to graduate no later than August 31, 2024*;An outstanding academic recordStrong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;English proficiency.
How To Apply: To apply, follow the procedures below:
- The candidates have to apply through the admission portal.
- The candidates have to create an account on the portal.
- The Yenching Academy of Peking University only accepts English Proficiency Certificates that are sent to the academy directly by the organization. So, the candidates must choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of the scorecards.
- Make sure to provide all the relevant documents and personal details appropriately.
Required Documents: To apply, candidates will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcript
- Diploma or Certificate of Enrollment;
- Letter of recommendation (two)
- English Proficiency Test Certificate.