Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange in conjunction with the Study Programme and the Department of State is offering fully-funded scholarships to interested applicants who are willing to pursue a degree program in USA.
Application Deadline: 25th September 2017.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To Be Taken At (Country): United States of America
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Award: Full scholarship
Duration Of Program: 10 months. August 2018 – June 2019
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be South Africans
- be born between 01/01/2001 and 01/08/2003.
- be enrolled in a secondary school at time of application.
- Have the equivalent of a B average or better without failing grades (no grades below 50%)
- Have not yet completed more than 11 years of primary education nor received a high school matric certificate.
- be able to speak and understand English.
- be able to complete a preliminary application and have a teacher complete the school recommendation and email them to AFS at [email protected]
- have a valid passport, or are able to apply for one.
- must be Open-Minded, Flexible and Independent
- Be able to transport yourself to the region closest to your city for the selection day. The three regions are Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
How To Apply: Interested applicants should take the following steps;
- download an application form here
- and the School Recommendation Form here
- Or contact the AFS National Office at 011 431 0113
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Providers: Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Programme and the Department of State.