The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation is offering a fellowship opportunity to students with entrepreneurial potentials. Selected in their Grade 12 or First year of university, students will receive funding to complete their studies at one of the 11 partner universities.
The Fellowship Programme equips university students with more than just a degree. It equips students with the tools necessary to flourish in their industry. It provides them with the ability to see the whole picture and to use their voice to fill in the gaps. It’s a directive to do business that’s inclusive, innovative and downright inspirational. It transforms university students personally and is an open-ended invitation to redesign the world.
Application Deadline: 28 April 2023, 17:00 SAST
Eligible Countries: South Africa
Value Of Scholarships:
- Applicants with a combined annual household income of R1 million (R1 000 000.00) and below will receive full funding. Applicants with a combined annual household income of above R1 million (R1 000 000.00) will receive needs-based funding. Potential funding will be communicated at the interview stage.
- Applicants with a combined household income above R1 million will receive needs-based funding
- Potential funding will be communicated at the interview stage
- Speakers and seminars
- Experiential exercises
- Access to business incubation
- Access to business/venture funding via E Squared, an Allan Gray Orbis Foundation sister entity (available to students in the IVC programme and graduates depending on business idea viability)
- Personal Leadership Officer (mentorship)
- Industry mentor
- Like-minded community
- Tertiary qualification
- Responsible thinking and entrepreneurial mindset
- Well-rounded individual
- Community-orientated learning
- A Minimum of 60% in Pure Mathematics OR a minimum of 80% in Mathematical Literacy for final grade 11 results
- A Minimum average of 70% for final Grade 11 results (excluding Life Orientation)
- The Applicant must be under the age of 21 in the year of their application
- The Applicant must be a South African citizen
- An Intention to study towards a Commerce, Science, Engineering, Law, Humanities, Arts & Health Science (Excluding Medicine, Veterinary Science and Dentistry) degree at WITS, UJ, UCT, NMU, RU, UWC, SU, UP, UFS or UKZN.
How to Apply: