In honor of the late Miss Jemila Abubakar, the original Asido Foundation project manager, the Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition is held annually for undergraduates in academic institutions.
In their usual manner, the top 15 participants of the competition will be grouped into cohorts for the implementation of a 3-month JAME Project intervention across communities. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners of the competition and they will also head the cohorts groups created by the top 15.
The theme for this edition is Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2022
Eligible Countries: ALL
Number of Award: Not Specified
Value of Award:
- 1st Place: #200,000
- 2nd Place: #150,000
- 3rd Place: #100,000
Winners will be announced on January 19, 2023 and the top 15 would be awarded a certificate and also enrolled as JAME 2023 Fellowship Mentees.
- Applicants must undergraduates of any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be able to present evidence of studentship.
- Applicants must sign the Asido Foundation’s unashamed pledge.
How to Apply: Interested participants are encouraged to adhere strictly to the following guidelines:
- Essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Participants are to attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, proof of studentship and a certificate of the signed unashamed pledge.
- Body of the email should contain: full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department and course of study, and level of study.
- Entries should be sent only in word document format to the email: [email protected]