The University of Newcastle, Australia invites application from Individuals who wants to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program is created to support Indigenous students in completing a degree in Nursing or Social Work.
Application Deadline: March 06, 2019
Eligible Countries: Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students.
Value Of Scholarships:
- The scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 each year for up to 3 years of study in your program, with a total value of $15,000.
• This will be paid to be paid as two lump sums of $2,500 after semester one and semester two census dates in each year.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st or 2nd year of a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Social Work undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
• Be enrolled full-time.
- Be an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
How To Apply: Click Here To Apply
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) demonstrating/outlining your academic achievements to date, career aspirations in the relevant area of study/research and how this scholarship would assist you.
- A written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member.
- Documents for establishing Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander status with UON. Please see list of accepted documents here: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/establishing-status-docs
Visit The Official Website For More Information