In partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, Arizona State University will provide graduate scholarships to train 25 young African professionals at the Master’s level for various programs over 4 years (2021 – 2025). This scholarship program is situated within EdPlus, a central enterprise unit for ASU, focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education.
Application Deadline: 16:00 GMT (9:00AM AZ time) on Friday, 7 October
Eligible Countries: Africa
Value of Awards: The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Costs incurred for visa application processing
- Costs incurred for English language tests
- Costs incurred for GRE or other equivalent exams
- Airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona
- Full tuition, books and fees
- Participation in Scholarship programming
Number of Awards: 10
- Applicants must want to apply for one of the eligible programs listed above.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, that includes a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service in their community.
- Applicants must present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree with a required minimum 4 years of study.
- Applicants must not have started or completed other graduate degrees before August 2023.
- Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the program.
How to Apply: All applicants are advised to apply for the scholarship first and, if successful, will be assisted in the process of applying for admission to Arizona State University. Interviews via video or phone calls will be held during November 2022, with final decisions made by February 2023. All successful applicants will travel to Phoenix, Arizona to join the Program in July 2023.
There are 2 ways to submit your application:
- To submit an online application, Click Here.
- If you have limited internet access, you can complete and submit a downloadable version of the application to [email protected] To access the downloadable form Click Here.