Rice University has launched the 2023 Business Plan Competition designed to give collegiate entrepreneurs a real-world experience to pitch their startups to investors, receive mentoring, network with the entrepreneurial ecosystem, enhance their startup strategy, and learn what it takes to launch a successful startup.
The Rice Business Plan Competition is the world’s richest and largest graduate-level student startup competition. It is hosted and organized by the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University and the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, Rice University’s internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2023
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): Houston, Texas
Value of Award: Rice University will provide an intense, immersive experience over the course three days for student startup founders to pitch to investors, receive multiple rounds of feedback and advance their startup.
There will be over $1 million in prizes, and all 42 teams who compete at Rice University in Houston are guaranteed to win cash prizes. The minimum cash prize is $500 and the grand prize winner receives a $300,000 investment (typically in the form of a convertible debt note, without geographic restrictions.)
Duration of Program: May 11-13, 2023
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must;
- be student-driven, student-created and/or student-managed
- have at least two current student founders or management team members, and at least one of those students is a current graduate degree-seeking student
- be from a college or university anywhere in the world
- have not raised more than $250,000 in equity capital prior to July 1, 2022
- have not generated revenue of more than $100,000 in any 12-month period prior to July 1, 2022
- be seeking funding or capital (or will be in the next 12 months)
How to Apply: Submit your application online at www.rbpc.rice.edu