Advance your career and take the next step to becoming a pro photographer with the Canon Student Development Programme.
The programme offers students across Europe, Middle East and Africa an incredible opportunity to meet leading experts, attend key industry events and have their portfolios professionally assessed.
Application Deadline: 16th April 2023
Eligible Countries: All
To be Taken at (Country): Various places in Europe.
Number of Awards: 250
Value of Award:
- Mentorships1: 00 students, selected by editors from top media agencies including AFP, EPA and Reuters will receive 1-2-1 mentorships.
- Exclusive workshop: Up to 30 students will be invited to a career-defining workshop in Girona, Spain and attend Visa pour l’Image, the international festival of photojournalism in Perpignan, France.
- Hamburg Portfolio Review: 5 students will be offered an exclusive place at the Hamburg Portfolio Review.
- Prestigious prizes: The final 5 will receive up to €9k worth of Canon kit and a €2k grant.
- To enter, you must be at least 18 on 16 April 2023 and either a student, intern, or have completed your course in the 2022-23 academic year.
- Not at university? 10 places are available for participants nominated by the industry, regardless of where they are in their education journey.
- Official language: Although the programme is open to anyone in the EMEA regions, participants will need adequate proficiency in English to take part.
- Type of photography: Your portfolio should be within the genre of photojournalism or documentary photography.
How to Apply; Your portfolio can contain a maximum of two projects, compromising up to 20 images each, plus a description of your project(s), image captions and a personal bio.