University of St. Gallen is offering the Symposium Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition which will make applicants qualify for participation as a «Leader of Tomorrow» in the world’s premier opportunity for intergenerational debates: The St. Gallen Symposium.
Application Deadline: 1st February, 2021 11:59 p.m. last time zone (UTC-12)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): St. Gallen, Switzerland.
Type: Essay Contest
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Award: Expenses for travel, board and lodging covered, travel service provided. The award is endowed with a total prize money of CHF 20,000
Duration of Program: 6–7 May 2021
A Matter of Trust: How Can Trust be Repaired When It’s Lost?
In recent years, we have seen many reports about “trust crises” in the realms of politics, health, business, technology, science, and media. Political and corporate scandals, mass protests, and deteriorating trust indicators in global perception surveys support this diagnosis. As a result, senior leaders in many of these sectors publicly aspire to « rebuild trust » in their decisions, products, or institutions. What would be your advice to them?
Choose an area in one of the above-mentioned sectors where you see evidence that citizens’, consumers’, regulators’, employees’ or other stakeholders’ trust has been lost. Describe your example of an apparent loss of trust; offer concrete and practical proposals on repairing damaged trust. Describe your idea’s impact for the future.
- Form: Essay (max. 2,100 words)
- Language: English
- Anonymity: Your name must not be mentioned anywhere in the contribution file
- Individuality: Individual work expected, no group work allowed. The essay must be written exclusively for this contest
- Citation: All sources must be cited and referred to the respective part in the essay. All contributions will be tested for plagiarism.
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program (master level or higher) in any field of study at a regular university
- Born in 1991 or later
How To Apply: Click Here To Apply
In addition to your contribution, make sure to upload;
- a copy of your passport (or any other official government ID but no driver’s license) to verify your age
- a confirmation of matriculation from your university confirming your graduate or postgraduate student status as of February 2020
- a short abstract (200–300 words) which can be entered in the registration form directly in the applicable field of the registration form
Visit The Official Website For More Information