The Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA), the Women of Uganda Network (WOUGNET), Transparency International Uganda, iHub Research (Kenya), the Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC), the Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance (CHRAGG, Tanzania) and Toro Development Network (ToroDev) has opened application for its fellowship programme.
The CIPESA-ICT4Democracy Fellowship (Academia) aims to nurture university students’ and early career academics’ understanding of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for governance, human rights and development. By engaging members of the academic community, the programme benefits partners of the ICT4Democracy in East Africa network through placements of individuals with skills in fields such as ICT, mass communication, and informatics, within the partner organizations.
|Fellowship round||Application deadline|
|May – July||April 1stst|
|August – October||July 1st|
|November – January||September 1st|
|February – April||January 1st|
Value Of Scholarships: The fellows shall be given a monthly stipend to cater for their expenses during the duration of the fellowship. The amount may vary depending on location, outputs and on the qualifications of the fellow.
- Applicants should be university students or early career academics. While there are no limitations on where the university is located, it is preferred that the students be from African universities.
- Applicants should have competence in areas that are relevant to the work of ICT4Democracy in East Africa partners, which may include ICT4D, Computer Science, Journalism, Informatics, Gender Equality, Development Studies, Human Rights and Governance.
How To Apply: To apply, email [email protected] with subject line stating Application for Academia Fellowship. Submissions should include:
- Your CV
- A statement of interest that mentions the areas of competence that you wish to contribute to the fellowship programme, a suggestion of which partner organisation you wish to be attached to, the duration for which you wish to have the fellowship, the proposed outputs from your involvement in the programme and breakdown of expenses. The statement of interest should not exceed 3 pages.
- Copy of transcript or letter confirming university affiliation.
- Two samples of your writing.
- Two reference letters.
Visit The Fellowship Webpage For More Information