The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) is offering scholarship opportunities to individuals who has interest in pursuing their studies in a career in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2018 academic year.
The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Fields of Study: 1. B.Sc. Bio-resource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering) 2. Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.), 3. B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology 4. B.Sc. Plant Pathology 5. B.Sc. Entomology 6. B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Science 7. B.Sc. Marine Biology 8. B.Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology 9. B.Sc. Ichthyology specializing in Aquaculture, National Diploma: Food Technology 11. National Diploma: Forestry 12. National Diploma: Marine Science.
Type: Bachelors, Masters and PhD
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Bursary: The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance.
Duration of Bursary: Duration of course
- It is worth noting that certain fields of study are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
- B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.): University of Pretoria
- B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology: University of Stellenbosch
- B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
- B.Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
- B.Sc. Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture: Rhodes University
- B.Sc. Entomology: University of Pretoria, Free State and Fort Hare
- National Diploma: Forestry: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- National Diploma: Marine Science: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: www.daff.gov.za (Click the following: Food Security and Agrarian Reform Branch then Sector Education and Training and then Careers).
- Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
- Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department by 15 January 2018, after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful.
- All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to the following address:
How To Apply: Click on the links below to apply
Visit The Bursary Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAF