The Newcastle University (officially, the University of Newcastle upon Tyne) is offering the Ewan MacColl Memorial Scholarship Program to Interested applicants who are looking to pursue a Music degree program at the Institution.
The scholarship must be used to help fund the costs of carrying out research or practical activities relating to the recipient’s Masters research project. For example, it could support travel for a student concentrating on collecting, recording or research. It may not be used to fund living expenses or tuition fees.
Application deadline: July 31, 2018
Eligible Countries: UK, EU and International
Type: MMus, MLitt or MPhil
Value Of Award: £1000
- Applicants should hold, or expect to achieve, a minimum of a 2:1 honours degree or international equivalent, in music or a closely related discipline.
- Applicants must have good academic records from previous education program.
- Applicants must be fluent in English Language and Have excellent communication skills.
- Applicants proposed research must be in the area of folk music (and might be musicological, ethnomusicological or practice based).
How To Apply: Interested applicants must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system. To do this please ‘Create a new account’.
The following information will help us to process your application. You will need to:
- insert the relevant programme code in the programme of study section
- MMus 5811F (full-time) / 5811P (part-time)
- MLitt 7802F (full-time) / 7802P (part-time)
- MPhil 7014F (full-time) / 7015P (part-time)
- select the programme of study
- insert the studentship code mus02 in the studentship/partnership reference field
- attach degree transcripts* and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualification
- attach a research proposal of no more than 750 words for the major research project to be pursued during the Masters programme, outlining:
1) the research questions your project will address
2) the research context (i.e. current state of the research within the field or discipline)
3) the methods you plan to use to address the research questions.
- Attach a personal statement of no more than 400 words outlining:
1) how the Ewan MacColl Memorial Scholarship would enhance your research
2) an itemised costing of the funds needed to carry out your research (the maximum scholarship value is £1000)
*You will not be able to submit your application until you have submitted your degree transcript/s.
Visit The Official Website For More Information