Fulbright Thailand, in-partnership with the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) is offering the Fulbright Junior Scholarship Program to Thai Students who are willing to pursue a Research scholarship program in USA.
This scholarship program aims to develop capabilities of Thai university staff members and interested persons to gain six months of research experience in the United States as part of their doctoral dissertation requirements.
Applications Deadline: November 2, 2018
Type: This is a six months long research scholarship program
Eligible Countries: Thailand
Value Of Scholarships: For the grant sponsored by Fulbright Thailand, benefits are intended to cover round-trip international airfare, the monthly stipend for six months, in-transit allowance and health insurance. For the Fulbright-TRF partnership, funding support will be mainly provided by the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) with additional fund from Fulbright Thailand for not exceeding a period of six months.
Eligibility: Interested applicants must:
- Be physically present in Thailand at the time of the application, interview and orientation
- Be a Thai citizen in good health (individuals holding U.S. immigrant visas or permanent U.S. resident cards (green cards), or dual citizenships (Thai and U.S.) are not eligible to apply);
- Be a university lecturer OR interested persons who are undertaking graduate work at the PhD level in a Thai university;
- Have completed your coursework and passed the qualifying exam;
- Demonstrate strong academic performance at the graduate level;
- Have an appropriate background to undertake the proposal you have outlined;
- Have the concurrence of the university PhD program in which you are enrolled;
- Have one of the following valid English official score reports:
- iBT TOEFL score of 71 or above or;
- ITP TOEFL score of 525 or;
- CU-TEP test score of 75.
- Obtain written confirmation (a letter of invitation) from a U.S. professor/scientist at the host institution that s/he will supervise the research;
- Be able to take leave from your home institution or post;
- Preferably not have had extensive experience in the United States during the previous 5 years; and
- Be able to fully participate in every activity organized by Fulbright Thailand, including Preliminary Orientation and Pre-departure Orientation Program, which will be held in February and June respectively.
- Those who work for the U.S. Embassy and related agencies, please consult Fulbright Thailand before applying.
How To Apply: Click Here To Begin Application
Visit The Official Website For More Information