The Graduate School of Economics & Management Sciences (GME) at the Stellenbosch University, South Africa invites applications from Individuals who are willing to study for a degree program at the Institution.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2018
Value Of Scholarships: Prospective students may apply for full scholarships, which amounts to at least R138 000 per year for three years. The Graduate School allocates these scholarships by considering each application on its own merit.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the minimum criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- An applicant has to meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD at Stellenbosch University. This requires a master’s degree in the relevant discipline or, in exceptional circumstances, an equivalent qualification.
- Applicants must have achieved a grade of 65% in their master’s programmes.
- Applicants must be under forty years of age when the programme commences in January.
- Only applications in one of the Faculty’s Research Themes will be considered.
How To Apply:
- Fill in the application form
- You will be required to write a letter motivating your suitability for the scholarship (maximum length: one A4 page), as well as a research proposal (no maximum length) on one or more selected research topics or problems which you intend to study in the course of your doctoral programme. These should be completed on the application form in the relevant sections.
- Please consult the 2019 Research Themes to guide you in choosing a research topic. Research topics outside the listed research themes can be accommodated only if it falls within the current research themes that are active in one of the Faculty’s academic departments.
- Please ensure that your three references are informed that their referee reports stating your capability to complete doctoral studies should be sent directly to the Graduate School via email (GEM@sun.ac.za) on or before 31 July 2018.
- Send your completed application form electronically to: GEM@sun.ac.za
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information