The Ireland Fellows Programme enables early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, with leadership potential, to benefit from a prestigious, world-class, quality education contributing to capacity building. It offers selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully funded one-year master’s level programme at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland. The award covers programme fees, flights, accommodation and living costs. Eligible master’s level programmes in Ireland commence in August or September each year and, depending on the programme, will run for between 10 and 16 months.
Application Deadline: 30th July 2023.
Value of Award: Under the Casement fellowship, full financial support is provided for return airfares, full tuition, stipends to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, health insurance and other allowances, in addition to the necessary entry arrangements such as medical examination and visa.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Eligible Courses: Masters programmes at Irish higher education institutes in the areas of Law, Human Rights and Governance.
Host Institution: Higher Education Institutions (HEI) in Ireland.
Eligibility: Candidates must:
- be a citizen of Nigeria and be residing in Nigeria
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto a master’s level course of study in Human Rights
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience.
- be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of Nigeria.
- be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year for which it is offered.
- meet any relevant procedural requirements of the Government of Nigeria.
- be able to demonstrate skills in academic English by achieving an appropriate score on a recognised test (e.g. IELTS 6.5).
How To Apply: Please read the Applicants Guidance Note carefully before completing as eligibility criteria may differ from country to country.
The application process consists of three stages:
- Stage 1 Preliminary Application;
- Stage 2 Detailed Application;
- Stage 3 Interviews.