Zimmer Biomet has always been exploiting new technologies to advance the pace of innovation. To take this commitment to the next level, Zimmer Biomet is announcing the 2nd Zimmer Biomet Connected Health Innovation Award
This Award is designed to advance the use of digital technologies in musculoskeletal healthcare to help professionals and their patients’ progress to the next level. Eligible innovations should help to solve unmet needs in the treatment of musculoskeletal and orthopedic conditions (i.e. disorders of, or injuries to, the bones, joints, and supporting soft tissues).
Zimmer Biomet is specifically interested in digital solutions to address following challenges / pain points which hospitals which perform joint replacements typically face:
- Infection prevention and treatment
- Reducing costs and complexity of implant and instrument logistics (i.e. e-ordering, EDI etc.)
- Managing remote patient monitoring after hospital discharge and at home
- Simplifying documentation (paper work, bureaucracy etc.) for HCPs within the Hospital
- Increasing efficiency of providing Medical Education (i.e. virtual education platforms etc.)
Application Deadline: 15th June 2018
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Macedonia, Morocco, Norway, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Africa, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, and U.A.E.
Eligibility: You are eligible to enter the competition if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are not an employee or intern of Zimmer Biomet or their affiliated companies.
- You are not involved in any part of the execution or administration of this competition.
- You are not directly or indirectly connected with members of the jury or the organizations they represent.
- You are not an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse, and child) or household member of a Zimmer Biomet employee or an employee of Zimmer Biomet affiliated companies, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this competition.
- For individuals: you are a legal resident of (at least) one of the countries below; if you are affiliated to a legal entity (e.g. company, university or research institute etc.), the legal entity is located in one of those countries: the Member States of the European Union as well as: Algeria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Macedonia, Morocco, Norway, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Africa, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, and U.A.E.
- You or together with collaborators/coworkers came to the idea for the innovation described here. You are not knowingly violating the rights of any third party.
- You declare that you are not aware of third party patents or patent applications, which might potentially cover your innovation.
- You can demonstrate your innovation (at least a working prototype)
How To Apply: APPLY HERE
Visit The Official Website For More Information