University of Texas – USA is providing an exemption of one year’s worth of tuition (fall, spring, and summer) to students who are willing to study at UTexas.
The exemption provided by the Good Neighbor Scholarship does not pay for any fees or charges on the tuition bill, such as health insurance, late registration fees, ISSS Support Services fee, etc. The scholarship is administered through ISSS on behalf of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2022, by 5 pm.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate or Graduate
Value of Award: Tuition fee
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
- Applicants must be born in and are residents of a nation in the Western Hemisphere (excluding Cuba and the United States).
- Applicants must have a grade-point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or its international equivalent.
- Applicants must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
How to Apply: Students can apply to UTexas through the university portal or the Coalition Application. Students must include a Statement of Purpose covering the following points to be considered of the scholarship:
- Campus and community involvement -Discuss your involvement with student groups, university committees, and community involvement/volunteering and how they contribute to your success as a student.
- Academic Goals – Explain your current academic interests and plans after graduation.
- Financial Need – Indicate need for financial assistance, including any recent changes in your financial situation (e.g., medical bills, loss of sponsorship).