Yokohama National University, with a grant funded by the Government of Japan and administered by the World Bank under the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP) is now offering Scholarship opportunities to applicants who are willing to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
The YNU program, which is specifically designed to meet the needs of students from developing countries under a scholarship program funded by the World Bank, offers lectures and laboratory work in the fields of engineering, economics, management and law.
Application Deadline: 9th March 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Citizens of low and middle income World Bank member countries are eligible for the scholarships.
To be taken at (country): Japan
Value And Number Of Scholarships: Approximately 10 scholarships are allocated to the YNU program by the World Bank. Each scholarship provides a monthly allowance of JPY152,000 and a round-trip air ticket to Japan plus a travel allowance of USD500. The scholarship also covers tuition fees, the entrance examination fee and the admission fee.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing;
- Be in good health
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement
- Be under the age of forty-five (45) at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline.
How To Apply: Click Here To Apply
When applying, applicants must submit the following documents to the Infrastructure Management Program Office, Graduate School of Urban Innovation:
- Signed checklist with completed return address labels, showing applicant’s current mailing address;
- Completed application form;
- Official transcripts showing the applicant’s academic performance in his or her undergraduate program;
- Certification of Graduation or and Copies of Diploma which should be including the title of Bachelor;
- Names and contact information of the recommenders;
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of English competence; and
- Research Plan
Complete application packages, with all required material, must be postmarked no later than 9 March 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
Infrastructure Management Program
Graduate School of Urban Innovation
Yokohama National University
Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama 240-8501
Visit The Scholarship Website For More Information
Award Provider: Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP)