SOAS University of London is providing a £5,000 award as a fee waiver to students who are seeking to undergo a degree program at the institution. Scholarships will be awarded based on the following selection criteria: Academic merit with a minimum of a 2:1 degree or international equivalence and A 500 word-supporting statement
Application Deadline: 31st of May 2023.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African
Value of Award: £5,000 as fee waiver
Number of Awards: Varies
Eligibility: To be qualified, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have applied for a Postgraduate taught (on-campus) degree for September (the scholarship selection panel will only be able to award a scholarship to those applicants who have received an offer by the 31st of May)
- Classified as an Overseas fee-paying student from Sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants from Libya, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, and Egypt should apply for the Middle East and North Africa Scholarship
- Applicants should have a minimum good second-class honors bachelor’s degree from a UK university, or international equivalent, in a subject appropriate to that of the program to be followed.
- Suppose an applicant does not have a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field. In that case, they may be required to complete a qualifying year or a one-year diploma before entering the Master’s program.
- Have a minimum UK upper second-class (2:1) or international equivalent. Check full entry requirements here.
- Have a sufficient standard of English to study effectively and submit evidence of their current level of English proficiency.
How to Apply: Applicants must apply for the International Postgraduate Scholarship via the online form.
Applicants are required to apply for admission before submitting a scholarship application. They can apply for Taught Masters programs through an online postgraduate application system.