The International Merit Scholarship is offered to future international students from select countries who can demonstrate a high level of academic achievement in their previous studies. Applicants who meet the higher entry level eligibility criteria are automatically eligible for this scholarship.
The scholarship offers up to 20% (percent) reduction in tuitions fees for the duration of the course at ECU
Application Deadline: 31-07-2022
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Madagascar, Malawi, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen and Zambia
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- study onshore at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley or ECU South West (Bunbury) Campus (some components of your course may be delivered online due to travel restrictions);
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- between 26 May 2021 and 31 July 2022, be issued an offer to study an undergraduate degree;
- meet ECU’s higher entry requirements (review secondary school results in the country you completed your secondary study) and commence study in the course during the 2022 intake; and
- study an undergraduate degree (excluding Bachelor of Science (Nursing) C33; Bachelor of Science (Nursing)/Bachelor of Science (Midwifery) (Y76) and Bachelor of Science (Paramedical) K89); Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies) Y42; Bachelor of Education (Primary) Y41; Bachelor of Education (Secondary) Y68).
How to Apply: You’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.