The University of Melbourne is awarding the May and Romeo Schiavon Journalism Fund – Schiavon funding to individuals who are seeking to study a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship is offered to students in the 150-point or 200-point Master of Journalism programs at the University of Melbourne. The scholarship supports the development of a piece of journalism in any format.
Application Deadline: September 21, 2020
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Bachelor’s & Master
Value of Award: Up to $20,000
Number of Awards: 1
Eligible Field of Studies: Master of Journalism programs in Language, literature and cultural studies; Performing and visual arts, theatre, film and television
- Applicants need to be enrolled or enrolling in the 150-point or 200-point Master of Journalism programs at the University of Melbourne
- Applicants must have a previous year degree before applying for the grant.
- Applicants must check all the English language requirements when you come to study at Melbourne University.
How To Apply: Complete the online application form and upload the following supporting documents:
- Project proposal of up to 400 words for a major piece of journalism in any format, which is achievable and is able to be published in The Citizen and possibly co-published with other media outlets
- A statement of up to 100 words outlining the applicant’s journalistic ambitions and how they are exploring opportunities in the profession
- A budget listing project expenses, if relevant
- A portfolio of published or unpublished journalism that demonstrates the applicant’s abilities
If applicants would like feedback on their application, they should email [email protected] at least two weeks prior to the closing date.
Visit The Official Website For More Information