The Global Citizenship Challenge is a unique competition for open to change-makers worldwide to showcase how they are helping their communities.
Participate in a campaign where you activate the Global Citizen within you, perform and showcase your ‘Act of Global Citizenship’, and win up to 1000 USD in cash prizes, tap into internships and networking opportunities, and more!
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
Eligible Countries: Worldwide
Award Value: Up to $1,000
Other benefits of the awards are;
- The top 10 Acts will be invited to showcase their Acts in a live event, and the top 3 Acts of the Global Citizenship Challenge will receive cash prizes.
- Winners will also have access to internships, networking opportunities, and online showcases to further develop their acts of Global Citizenship and make a positive impact on the world.
Number f Awards: 10
Eligibility: The competition is open to changemakers all over the world.
The myriad characteristics of an Act of Global Citizenship:
- Keep it Simple: Any one person should be able to lead an Act of Global Citizenship.
- Drive your Passion: Powerful Acts of Global Citizenship connect individual passion with motivation to drive social change.
- Leverage your unique asset(s): If you use your strength(s) and skill set to drive the change you want to see, your Act of Global Citizenship will become a piece of cake!
- Stay Local: Connect your Act of Global Citizenship with a community you already know.
- Think Global: Keep an eye on what global perspectives can add to the local picture … and add that ‘Global Citizenship’ spice to your act.
- Be realistic: Acts of Global Citizenship can take two hours, two days, or even two months. It’s up to you – and the people you want to engage.
- Get Creative: From starting a tough conversation with friends and family to launching a recycling petition at work – You decide which shape your Act of Global Citizenship should take.
- Take one step at a time: Acts of Global Citizenship further the Goals of Sustainable Development, no matter how small – whether it’s a family member or friend becoming more gender-sensitive, or your company changing its policy on sustainability.
- Spread the word: Tell organizers and others about what you did, why, and how – only then will your ‘Act’ inspire others, locally as well as globally.
How to Apply: Visit the application portal for complete guidelines on how to apply.