The Meta Research PhD Fellowship program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, research impact, and recommendation letters.
Application Deadline: September 20th 2023
Value of Award: Winners of the Fellowship will receive two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs, a paid visit to Meta headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID office restrictions event may be virtually held), and various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers.
How To Apply:
- Please read and fill out the application form carefully and thoroughly.
- Please select the appropriate and relevant research area fellowship that is most aligned to your research.
- Once you have finished filling out the application please ‘mark as complete.’
- Request two letters of recommendation. One of these letters should be from your advisor. Once you submit both of your recommender’s email addresses in the recommendation request form, ‘mark as complete’
- Click ‘Submit’ on your application once all tasks are marked as complete.
- Once you input your recommender’s email address, the system will trigger an email to their inbox directly. You will be informed when they have submitted your letter.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been submitted.
- You will receive two an additional confirmation emails when each of your references have submitted your letters of recommendation.
- You will receive a final email notification once your entire application including letters of recommendation has been submitted.
- Applicants will be notified of award decisions in late January.
Note: If you do not receive two letters of recommendation by October 6th, your application will not move forward to be reviewed.
|Reference Letters Due
|Review Process Opens