The Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) provides grants to women from developing countries to help further their education and improve their lives.
The MMEG is one of the few organizations who provide financial assistance to women. In past years, grants of up to US$15,000 have been awarded in the US/Canada program, and US$7,000 in the Africa, Latin America and Trinity programs.
Application Deadline:14th September 2022
Eligible Countries: African countries
Type: Grants and Masters
To be taken at (University):
- University of the Witwatersrand,
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
Number Of Scholarships: Not Specified
Value Of Award: Approx. US$7,000
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List
- be Female
- be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline
- be enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board.
How to Apply: Remember to read the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying, and select the “Africa program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.
Sponsors: Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG)