The Centre of African Studies at SOAS, University of London, UK is offering the MO Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship program to individuals who have interest in pursuing a degree program at the University Of London, UK.
This scholarship program is created to dedicate environment to support the study of the socio-economic, political, and legal links between governance and development.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): University of London, UK
Eligible Fields Of Study: The eligible PhD are only those within the following departments:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
Number Of Awardees: 2
Value Of Scholarship:
- PhD: The scholarship is on a part‐present form and it provides for fees for three years. However, accommodation and living cost are covered for the first year only. The scholarship will also cover in total 2 return flights : one during the first year, and one for the viva (plus one week’s accommodation around the viva). In year 2 and year 3, the successful candidate will also receive an annual stipend of £5,000. We also cover visa cost, provided receipts are submitted to the Centre of African Studies office. We expect students to be on fieldwork during the second year, and to write the thesis in the third year in their country of origin.
Duration Of Scholarship: 3 years
How To Apply: In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER for the PhD by applying directly to the SOAS Doctoral School.
The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Please provide the following documents by email to [email protected]:
- complete application form
- a copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
- The guidance notes and the reference form
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: Mo Ibrahim Foundation, School of Africa Studies (SOAS) University of London