The New Zealand foreign affairs and trades are pleased to announce that the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships is currently ongoing. This scholarship program is awarded ti International students who wants to undergo a Masters or PhD degree program in ant New Zealand University.
The scholarships include financial support for tuition, living costs while in New Zealand, and airfares. The partners of students are eligible for a work visa that allows them to live and work in New Zealand for the duration of their partner’s study.
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.
- Caribbean: Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Asia (Other): Bangladesh, India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- Pacific: Cook Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- Be citizens of the above listed countries.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.)
- Be able to return to their country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of your scholarship.
- Have applied for a course of study at any New Zealand University.
- Have excellent results from previous educational programs.
How To Apply:
- Check your eligibility against the requirements.
- Visit the ‘Where you can study’ page.When submitting your New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship application to your local Nominating Agency [PDF, 90 KB] you must attach the following official documentation:
1. One of the following:
- Verified copy of passport
- Verified copy of birth certificate
- Verified copy of other official government issued ID
2. Copy of Offer of Place from New Zealand institution
3. Verified copies of relevant academic transcripts
4. Verified copies of relevant completion certificates
5. Contact details of most recent employer and two most relevant other employers
6. A non-verified copy of an IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) which will be verified by MFAT online using the TRF Verification Service OR An original copy of a TOEFL test result form. Whichever is provided it must have been completed in the last 24 months.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this scholarship program is on 15th March 2017.
Visit The Official Website For More Information.