Applications are invited for the PASET Regional Scholarship & Innovation Fund which is awarded to Sub-Saharan African Students.
This scholarship program is designed to provide the ecosystem necessary to nurture its scholars during their PhD program and continue to create the support system for them after graduation.
Application Deadline: 24th July 2017
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan Africa
To be taken at (country): Sub-Saharan Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: competitive stipend for living expense as well as funds to cover part of your tuition cost and research
Duration of Program: The first RSIF PhD Cohort begins in Oct 2017
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- have completed their Masters and Bachelors degree program
- have applied to at least one of RSIF’s African Host Universities in at least one of the thematic areas. For the 2017/2018 cohort, the 3 eligible thematic areas are:
* Information Communications Technology (ICT)
* Food security
* Mining, materials and minerals engineering.
Selection Criteria: Priority will be given to applicants who:
- Are junior African faculty/academic staff with 1-5 years of teaching/research experience but no PhD
- Have a compelling life history and academic trajectory
- Demonstrate a commitment to pursuing an academic career beyond the scholarship period
- Demonstrate leadership potential, such as community service in areas related to PASET RSIF fields of study
- Are women or ethnic minorities; have physical disabilities.
How To Apply: The following are required during application:
- Statement of purpose (750 words)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript
- Master’s degree certificate and transcript
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Recommendation Letters (submit emails of two references)
It is important to go through the Application requirement in the Program Webpage before applying.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF)