Since 2018, Shanghai University of Sport has established the President’s Scholarship for International Students to attract excellent international students to study at the university, further internationalize China’s sports education, encourage international students of the university to study hard and work diligently, nurture high-level international students with excellent moral and academic performance, cultivate more excellent sports talents for the world, and serve the development of the global cause of sports, with certain scholarship quotas assigned on a yearly basis to attract international students with high language proficiency and excellent professional backgrounds to study for undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degrees at the university.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2023
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate, Master’s, and Doctoral
Value of Award: Full and partial scholarship
Number of Awards: Varies
- Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens holding regular foreign passports, who shall be physically and mentally healthy and have the disciplinary background required for the program applied for. Those applying for the master/doctoral program shall also have research capabilities.
- Applicants of the undergraduate program shall meet the following requirements for nationality: According to JWH  No. 12 of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and Article 5 of the Nationality Law of the People’s Republic of China, the person whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall not have Chinese nationality.
- Such person, when applying for scholarships as an international student, shall have held a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than four years (inclusive) and provide records of living outside China for more than two years from 30 April 2019 to 30 April 2023 (the actual residence outside China of 9 months or longer can be considered a full year, subject to the arrival/departure customs stamp).
- A person who has migrated from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan (China), when applying for scholarships as an international student, shall have obtained a foreign nationality before 30 April 2019 and provide records of living outside China for more than two years from 30 April 2019 to 30 April 2023 (the actual residence outside China of 9 months or longer can be considered a full year, subject to the arrival/departure customs stamp).
- Educational background:
- 1) Applicants of the undergraduate program shall have an educational background equal to a high school degree in China and be under 22.
- 2) Applicants of the master’s program shall have a bachelor’s degree and be under 30.
- 3) Applicants of the doctoral program shall have a master’s degree and be under 35.
- Applicants shall have no criminal records.
How to Apply: Applicants shall log in to “Shanghai University of Sport – International Student Service System” to register and fill in the application form with the required documents (in electronic version)