The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) program was created to improve global talent exchange between Canada and other nations.
The program aims to develop the next generation of innovative leaders and community builders by providing enriched academic, professional and cross-cultural experiences and by facilitating lasting local and global community engagement.
Application Deadline: 26th October 2020
Eligible Countries: West African countries & Canada
Type: Research, Doctoral, Postdoc
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Applicants may seek up to $300,000 CAD in funding
- Canadian universities which have recognized provincial degree granting powers, or their affiliates, may submit a proposal to QES-AS West Africa. Universities may partner with one or more other Canadian university(ies) for a joint proposal however, each university may only be the lead applicant in one submission to the program.
- Projects will support specialized training and/or research activities for doctoral researchers, post-doctoral researchers and early career researchers from Canada and West Africa and each award must include a non-academic research placement with industry/civil society.
- Each scholar must be undertaking research in one or more of the following areas of focus:
- Climate resilience and sustainable food systems
- Education and innovation systems
- Ethics in development research
- Health equity
- Inclusive governance
- Sustainable inclusive growth
QES-AS West Africa will prioritize the following:
- Women researchers – overall, 60% of the researchers should be women.
- Francophone researchers – applications focusing on Francophone countries will be prioritised.
- Institutional strengthening – proposals which make a convincing case that scholar exchanges, beyond advancing individual scholars` own careers, will deliberately be used by Canadian and West African universities to strengthen their own institutional capacity (research areas, curriculums, partnerships etc.) will be prioritised.
How To Apply: Please consult the following documents:
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information