Applications are invited for the Rsif Scholarships Call for Rwanda and Nigeria Nationals.
Rsif aims to train quality PhD students and post-doctoral researchers to address the human resource gap of highly qualified specialists in the fields of applied sciences, engineering, and technology (ASET) and to contribute to improving research and innovation capacities in those fields in SSA.
Application Deadline: 26th May 2023 at 5:00 pm (East Africa Time; UTC+3)
Eligible Countries: Rwanda and Nigeria
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Duration of Scholarship: The duration of the PhD Scholarship is 3 to 4 years, including 6-12 months in a ‘sandwich’ training placement at an international partner university, research institute or private company. Priority for the scholarships will be given to women and existing young academic faculty who do not have a PhDs. The Rsif scholarships will be awarded in July 2023.
Value of Scholarship: Rsif PhD Scholars will receive the following benefits:
- The Rsif PhD Scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance, and research costs.
- Rsif PhD scholars will be supported to spend 6 -12 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- Rsif PhD scholars become part of a growing network of emerging leaders in ASET fields in SSA.
- Rsif PhD scholars will have access to Rsif competitive research grants upon completion of their PhD.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the Rsif PhD Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Rwanda and Nigeria.
- Have a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the Rsif African Host University where they would like to pursue a PhD.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are 35 years of age and below.
- Be willing to enroll full-time in a PhD program at an Rsif AHU in the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Should not be holding another PhD scholarship when applying to the Rsif PhD scholarship.
- Be willing to spend 6-12 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the Rsif Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
How to Apply: Applications are accepted through icipe’s online application platform. Applications submitted by email or in hardcopy will not be accepted.