South Africa needs an increase in science and engineering graduates if we are to effectively resource the country with necessary and scarce skills to achieve goals of the National Development Plan and ensure a successful and sustainable future for our citizens. SANSA provides post graduate degree bursaries to contribute to the national target for qualified post-graduates in science and engineering.
Application Deadline: 30th Sept 2023
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Type: Honours, Masters, PhD
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: For the 2024 academic year successful applicants will receive bursaries with values as stated below:
- Hons – R100 000 (one year).
- Masters – R120 000 per year for two years.
- PhD – R140 000 per year for three years.
Eligible Field(s): Our Space Science project mandate includes but is not limited to the following:
SPACE SCIENCE (HONS, MSC, MPHIL, PHD)
- Solar physics
- Space Weather forecasting and verification aligned to navigation and radiation applications
- Antarctic radar studies of climate change
- Multi-instrument studies of space weather
- Modelling geomagnetically induced currents in power systems
- Multi scale ionospheric physics, structure and dynamics
- Ionospheric and radio propagation modelling
- Theory of waves and solutions in plasmas
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Software and systems engineering
- Data Science
- Field of your choice related to key SANSA objectives
- Space, systems, antenna and RF engineering
Eligibility: The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are financial need, academic potential and career-oriented study programmes.
How to Apply: APPLY NOW!