The Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa, is calling for applications for the Master’s degree (LLM/MPhil) in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa (SRRA) for the Class of 2022.
The programme is open to individuals from diverse professional backgrounds including lawyers, advocates, researchers, social activists, and educators.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2021
Eligible Countries: African countries
Type: Masters (LLM, MPhil)
Number of Awards: up to 15
Value of Program: scholarships of up to US$15000, funded by the European Union are available.
- The LLM degree is open to individuals with LLB degrees or equivalent.
- The MPhil degree is open to non-lawyers with at least an honors degree in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa OR any other qualification in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa that allows admission to a master’s program at the institution where the undergraduate qualification was obtained. If that qualification has a duration of fewer than 4 years, substantial proven practical or professional experience in sexual and reproductive rights in Africa, subject to the discretion of the Dean, is further required.
- Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate human rights experience or interest. A maximum of fifteen students will be accepted for the 2021 academic year.
How to Apply:
- Click here to read about the application process
- Click here to apply online (please note – you must create an account on the Submittable platform before you can apply)