The Shawki Saad Scholarship is a fully funded programme to support students ordinarily resident in Sub-Saharan Africa. The programme is funded by a generous endowed gift from the late Professor Shawki Saad, with one scholarship awarded each year for the next four years.
Application Deadline: 26th May 2023
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Number Of Awardees: 4
Value Of Scholarships: The programme will fully cover the cost of overseas tuition fees for 3 years, a monthly living cost stipend (£19,668 2022/23) for 3.5 years and travel costs (flight and visa) for the successful applicant.
- Applicants must be Africans
- Applicants must have completed their masters and undergraduate degree program
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language.
How to Apply;
- Find a PhD supervisor. Visit the research and academic staff pages of our website to help identify topics of interest and potential supervisors. Contact your preferred supervisor(s) directly, to discuss potential projects and funding options.
- Submit your PhD application for admission through the Registry online admissions systems by the deadlines listed below for each scholarship round. More information on the application process can be found here. Online applications should only be submitted after a potential academic supervisor has expressed sufficient interest in your application. All scholarship applications must be supported by an academic supervisor.